Friday, March 16, 2007

I still UTTERLY LOVE that picture of Josslen!! It Is Simply AMAZING!! I Love It :)


..


There was a boy.. who wanted to grow dreadlocks. "I'll be part of that special community, made up by those cool people with dreadlocks." he tought.. "I'll have instant friends! A group of people I dont know individually but still am a member of. The few," he continued, "the special people. Those inspired by the great rastafarian tradition. Following in the footsteps of many religious men.. The Hindu, Astec, Indian, Māori (Ringatu) traditions. Old traditions!"

So he started his journey. Got some friends to do his hair. The start of a long trip. Dreadlocks are not simple to get. You need to make a decision, and stick with it. Not just for a week.. or a month.. Because the first year is awful. It does not look good. It does Not look like real dreadlocks.. to the trained eye!

The boy stuck with it. Although a hard ride. Its a growth process.. There are a lot of sites out there that tell you you cant change the locks you get. That tell you, you just have to take them & love them. That tell you you just do..
Altough I am not that boy, I do have dreadlocks & I can say.. Its true. Its something that grows with you and takes a lot of time & effort to get there! So when they 've matured.. they re SO Personal.. - this is starting to sound like having kids..
I had never considered a moment in time when Id say I love my hairstyle. But right now.. I just DO! Its amazing, really. And I'll have to give 'em up soon. Because of work, career and rigid social expectations about something as silly as appearance.

The boy needed to cut his hair too, some time later. and there is where i'll pick it up again, that history of his.. Although by telling it, by making it up, by .. its also a lil of my history. No writer can steer clear of his own machinations!

The boy cut his hair. And he wasnt happy with it. He was proud of the locks. They meant something to him. And they also meant the membership to the club to which he was a member, if only in his mind. That club of which he proudly wore the colors. That club he never saw the benifits of.
He realised that cutting his hair would mean the end of this membership, with no way to ever reclaim the pride. Scorned by all those members, as he used to scorn the normal folk.. At least not without looking like a loser.


Is there a morale?
naah :)
or maybe the morale would be "Dont care about what other people think" or .. "Dont expect dumb stuff to happen because of superficial dreck" or .. "dreck is a cool word"



I wonder how the above will read.. Like shit probably. Bus as usual.. I wont reread it :) So whatever! hehe



And now I should get off to bed. A swig of soda, some brushin of the ole teeth.. (yeah yeah, fuck english spelling)

I've started running. 2 times this week already.. I should get it up to three & keep it up.. I hope it works! Because the movement is doin me A Lot Of GOOD! Im even happier because of it!


and now its off to bed for me :) Writing stuff while watching other stuff - fun but not really quality insurance :)

No comments: