Thursday, October 11, 2007

frustrations

I just worked some for work.. and I was about to log in (I actually turned on the noisy serv to get my files - and yes its still noisy even tough I have the part I need to solve it.. Time o sweet time :/) when I realised it wouldnt work since linux doesnt take kindly to putty s port forwarding efforts.. And I dont immediately remember how to fix it, so.. :s I'll work some more on the gen I guess.

annoying


Ubuntu.. when the amazement wears off..
* I knew this but I had forgotten.. but - I actually managed to buy an eleeet DVD writer that Does NOT work decently under linux! Again .. Annoying! I dont know what I ll do to solve that. I wrote a cd earlier today & damn.. I dont know exactly HOW it worked, but it did & im just happy about that :/ The fracker freaks on reading the simplest cd. At first I was scared it was a juice problem.. but reading up on my sleek Plextor PX-716al .. its nothing more nor less than a plextor problem :(

I'm tired :(

The next day .. Edit - I remember now.. Programs (running under normal users) arent allowed to hijack ports like that. "sudo" should solve that! And also, I kinda remember writing a script on Kabouter to mount those ports there so I can use him to get to the work servs. ALSO.. I should configure it so I can project those ports on another IP than the one kabouter is using; thus effectivly creating a VPN :) Also; I cant mount p80 to p80 on kabouter since he s already running a webserv.. So one adress with p80; all the individual ssh & the SVN ports. That d be about it.. oh wait, no, the SMB ports too.. This being said, maybe I should have acces to the webserv smb go over the fileserv smb.. An idea I've considered many times before .. but just wont cut it!
.. Or maybe I should just install a VPN :/ Dont think so though.. I still feel we dont neeeed no stiiinkiiiiiin VPN :)
Its still a pitty I cant connect to kabouter from any outside location. Maybe I should get myself a fixed IP.. Or maybe telenet should stop acting like AaarseHooooles :)

No comments: