Sunday, October 07, 2007

I am Amazed!

I just installed Ubuntu & .. Hot damn!

I did have some problems.. Error 21 @ grub & not that much help anywhere. Luckilly its not my first Linux install ;) Otherwise this would have been nasty. My HD wasnt configured in the bios so grub couldnt boot from it, .. Pitty this wasnt detected; then again - it IS an exception


Anywho, I booted & kicked it off.. Hot damn! Its amazing. I wasnt expecting to even like ubuntu, but this is great! Linux might finally be Desktop Ready!!

I tried some distros last year on viona & they all failed most spectacularly! There were several fail points & I was preparing an interesting post about it, but thats SO dated by now, I wont even finish it for the sake of..
Anywho, one of the problems I found was to be the media codex.. This was actually the worst. People want to surf those dirty sites with videos that scream at you & that was A PROBLEM.
Ubuntu, today, automatically installed all the codecs and plugins I needed! With a few clicks (yes, yes, yes) everything was solved.

I Am Impressed!
And now that we ve tested the audio & video capabilities (I use my comp as a jukebox so audio is extremely important!) we re moving on to the more advanced stuffs :) I dont expect problems in everyday use; but im not sure what it ll do once I need VMware n all :) I might break this! lol

& next :) is installing it at work - lol
tough I probably wont :( no time for OS preferences, too much other stuffs to do! Yet i would prefer linux! with a virtual windows of course :)


Oh & this new series of survivers is SUPER EVIL!!!!!!! Im REALLY looking forward to watching! 100 ppl on an island - its bound to raise hell :)


Im pondering the plan to get my life back on track.. this is good! more soon :)

No comments: