Tuesday, August 31, 2004

After reading some Rammstein fora (I want a translation (or german lyrics would do too.. I'll understand, given I can read them) of their new song Amerika.. I think it has a great text but I want to be sure & be able to grasp the totality of the lyrics..) and reactions to them - ppl calling them anti - american & stuff like that, I was once more confirmed in my opinion that Patriotism is a very negative force (so to speak). As is faith by the way. Ofcourse I understand that this is very biased, by wich I mean that it has its positive sides, but the fact that people get driven to violence by those principles..
If patriotism (nationalism) were to be traded for a common understanding that we are one world, one planet - and we re all stuck on it together, the human race would be able to ascend to the next level, beyond pitty wars about whose country or religion or geological position or people are best. Some will say that war is good for economy, but since I researched that this year as a school project I can now say that war is always negative for the participating countries. One way or another, in the long run, the countries lose economically. Lets not forget that human resources (work forces, etc) are an economical factor too! The only way to draw benefit from te war would be to export goods to the countries at war as a third party country, but then again, if we consider the world as a whole, we re just squandering time & resources on pitty conflicts. Some sparked by economical reasons (oil?) but in the end, bad for everyone. Globally an economically suicidal situation.
Patriotism & faith are principles that bring people together in groups that can act against each other, creating reason for conflicts, for war. I'm not saying any of the afore mentioned principles should be banned or whatever, I'm just saying people should know and understand that their actions arent doing any of us any good. Maybe some of us are experiencing short term positive efects, but in the long run, we re all swimming in the shit created by those actions.

Understanding trough intellect..
Instead of agression without thinking!

No comments: