Tuesday, November 02, 2004

What your choice of Linux distribution says about you

At the moment I'm using Gentoo..

Gentoo

* If John Wayne had been a Linux user, he would have used Gentoo. Gentoo users are pioneers, people who like to live close to the metal, and don't mind hurting themselves on sharp objects. Some feel that Gentoo users are simply lazy louts who always want to have a ready excuse for why they are not doing constructive things with their computer, other than compiling or recompiling the latest kernel, app, or hapless passerby. The official Gentoo motto is, "If it moves, compile it."

Who s John Wayne :s
Anywho, Call me a Pioneer, Metalhead and Sado Massochist :D LOL
Have I recompiled YOU lately? :D hehe


Also, I liked using Slackware, so lets see that that tells you about me..
Slackware

* This distribution is for those that don't care for the overhead of configuration interfaces, and have a great appetite for raw text files. No need for dependency checks, since they always know what they are doing. Especially important to Slackware users are the bragging rights of using the oldest distribution still in development. Plus the fact that it has been supported by the same diety all that time, Patrick J. Volkerding. Newbies should be cautious around Slackware users, because they will cut you none.

YEAH! Viva Raw Text configuration!!! YEAH! (I feel I learn most this way..)
And Watch me as I Cut You None! :D

Always funny to read stuff like this :)

No comments: