Sunday, September 05, 2004

I had an interesting idea today..

A new way to explain the concept of roleplay to someone alien to it. New means ofcourse new to me :)
The idea came to me when I tought of White Wolf's way of refering to it.. They call it storytelling. I imagined how this might lead the unknowing person to say "ok, tell me a story then".. THE answer to such a question would be that I tell interactive stories.. Stories where I need people to participate and fill the roll of a certain character in for me.
Thus came the idea of explaining roleplay as being an interactive story, told by the DM or Storyteller
So next time when people ask what this roleplay thing is, I'll say, Its all about telling a story! I tell people a story & they participate by filling in some parts. Or sometimes I fill in those parts in someone else 's story :)

No comments: